Analyse and critically evaluate the scope and effectiveness of supply chain
management practices in relation to the environmental and social sustainability
in the company of your choice.
Diverse and complex supply chains of global companies are designed in alignment
with their core products/services critical for their competitive advantage and value
creation and delivery. Objectives of ‘greenness’ and responsibility, ideally, can be
followed through all stages of the value chains – from design, through manufacturing,
to waste management. Only few companies, however, fully implement these
You are required to prepare a comprehensive report on how the company of your
choice manages sustainability of its supply chains.
This assignment provides you with the opportunity to further research and evaluate
literature relating to sustainable supply chains along with the detailed investigation of
company’s reports as well as documents and press releases provided by other
stakeholders and to develop critical evaluation of goals and achievements of
companies in the field of sustainability.
A full list of sources used to prepare your report should be given, following the
University of Westminster Harvard system, cited accordingly.
As a guide, you need to first find a range of sources, which may include reliable web
sites, academic and trade journals, commissioned studies and papers, books and
newspaper articles, broadcasts, interviews.
Strictly 2000 words; a tolerance of plus or minus 10% will be applied, and any
amount of words greater than this limit will be ignored by the markers. This limit
excludes: Diagrams, References, Bibliography, and Appendices. Word Count must be
stated on the Cover Page.
Ensure proper referencing of all sources according to the University of Westminster
Harvard system, as above. Include proper web references, plus the date you accessed a
site. References should be in a single list; do not keep web references separate.
Structure/Layout of your report (2000 words). A suggested structure and word count
allocation is given below:
1. Introduction – 200 words
2. Theoretical background and definitions of the green and responsible supply
chain management – 400 words
3. Analysis of the company’s supply chain(s) – 400 words
4. Evaluation of the material environmental and social issues which form the
objectives and strategy of the company in relation to their supply chain(s) – 400
5. Evaluation of scope and effectiveness of managerial practices of the company
in relation to sustainable supply chain management – 400 words
6. Conclusions – 200 words
7. References (single reference list at the end of document and NOT included in
the word count)
Appendices – if appropriate
Ensure you submit MS Word or pdf files only
The following sections represent the minimum that your report should include:
1. Introduction and Methodology – 5%
Skills in research and data gathering; Quality of analysis:
1. Theoretical background and definitions of the green and responsible supply
chain management – 20%
2. Analysis of the company’s supply chain(s) – 20%
3. Evaluation of the material environmental and social issues which form the
objectives and strategy of the company in relation to their supply chain(s) –
4. Evaluation of scope and effectiveness of managerial practices of the company
in relation to sustainable supply chain management – 20%
5. Conclusions 10%
6. Presentation and Referencing (5%)