What types of trace evidence can be found in your home? For this assignment you are
going to collect what is on your floor and examine it to determine what could be done
with it if it was evidence recovered at a crime scene.
• Find an area in your home where there is trace evidence. This includes hairs,
fibers, soil, glass and paint. Look for dust bunnies in a corner, vacuum up a
portion of a rug, or sweep up an area.
• Look at the hairs, fibers and soil, etc. that are present in this trace evidence
• Where in your house can you collect samples of known items for comparison?
Should you collect hair from your dog? Cat? Your own head? Did you find fibers
like those in items of clothing you wear? Is there dirt present which could come
from your yard?
• Make a list of the items you found and the “known” samples you could compare
• Write a short answer to the question: How could this trace evidence assist in an
• Submit a Word document in APA format.
• Maximum three pages in length, excluding the Title and Reference pages.
• At least two resources.