The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR4287 course.
1. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
2. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
3. APA (6th ed.) format
Preparing Your Reflection
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to
1. Reflect on one’s own beliefs and values as they relate to professional practice.
2. Identify personal, professional, and environmental risks that impact personal and professional choices, and behaviors.
3. Protect patient privacy and confidentiality of patient records and other privileged communications.
4 Act to prevent unsafe, illegal, or unethical care practices.